Dave: “Mates! You’ve done it! You’ve completed the TradeCareer Toolkit, I’m proud of ya”
Thanks for stepping up and being open to the idea of a future with more women in the trades. And thanks for giving it a red hot go! Dave reckons you’re the bee’s knees!
Remember to check back with the Trade Careers Toolkit, these resources are free and will be available going forward.
So what’s next?
Below is all the info you need to take the next steps to hiring a woman into your team
Why Hire a Woman:
- Good eye for detail
- Great attitude
- She’ll be great with your customers
- She’ll offer a different perspective
- Lighter on the tools
- Women can change the workplace environment by lifting the quality of work
What do I need to do?
Need more support?
Check out these organisations to help you out
- skills.org.nz case studies — An amazing magazine showcasing women who have chosen an extraordinary career path in the trades.
- BCITO – Women in Trades Workplace Stories — A collection of videos about women in construction.
- National Association of Women in Construction — Encourages women to pursue, establish and sustain successful careers in the construction industry.
- Ultimit — An initiative from Connexis encouraging, inspiring and supporting women into trade and technical roles in the infrastructure industry.
- Competenz — An Industry Training Organisation and helps people develop their skills on-the-job.
- Women in Trades — A nonprofit organisation promoting the trades as a viable career option to women and employers.
- SheFreeToBe — Helping create workplaces that work for women!
There’s no better time! There’s funding available to cover the full cost of training until December 2022 via the government’s Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund.